Renting a House

19 May 2023

A Rent Review is currently being carried out for all Social Housing Tenants.

In order to ensure that we have the household correct and up to date details, tenants are requested complete the Rent Review Form regarding their household makeup and income details.  This document will be posted to all tenants but is also available below.

It is the tenant's responsibility under their Tenancy Agreement to ensure that they submit the correct details to the Council for rent calculation purposes. Failure to return the form fully completed with the relevant proofs of income may result in a penalty rent being applied to the account.

Before returning the completed form, please ensure to include details of ALL occupants and the following relevant documents:

  • If in full/part time employment supply 3 recent consecutive payslips for all household members who are in employment.
  • If Self-employed submit recent Notice of Tax Assessment from Revenue.
  • Aged 18 and over in fulltime education submit proof from school or college.
  • Occupant Moved In provide the date of occupancy and previous address.
  • Occupant moved out provide the date they left and proof of new address.

Please return the form fully completed with relevant proofs of income by Monday 12th June 2023 to the Customer Service Desk, Waterford City & County Council, Bailey’s New St. Waterford X91 XH42, or Civic Offices, Davitt's Quay Dungarvan, Co. Waterford X35 Y326.

Alternatively completed forms and supporting documentation can be scanned to the email address below.

Queries: | 051 849923

All tenants of Waterford City & County Council are obliged to pay rent.

The amount of weekly rent due is based on the income of the household. Calculations are made in accordance with the Council's 'Differential Rents Scheme' and are designed not to cause hardship for tenants.

As payment options, tenants can choose from the following to pay their weekly rent:

  • By deduction through the 'An Post Household Budget Scheme'.
  • At the Customer Care counter in either Dungarvan or Waterford City.
  • By standing order through your bank / building society / credit union.
  • Through the Money Advice & Budgeting Service (MABS).
  • Online - Contact the Housing Office for your PIN.
  • Arrears
    We encourage any tenant who is experiencing difficulty in making rent payments to contact either their Revenue Collector or staff in the Rents Office to discuss the matter. Any discussions are conducted in the strictest confidence. Waterford City & County Council also has an Arrears Management Policy document available for download.

    Tenant's Handbook
    We recommend current and prospective tenants to familiarise themselves with our Tenant Handbook. This handbook which has been put together for your information and guidance, indicates what services are available and sets out the responsibilities of the Council, as well as your responsibilities as our tenant.

    If you wish to be considered for housing by Waterford City & County Council you must complete a Housing Application form, as well as make an appointment to see our Housing Applications team.

  • Housing Application Form HPL1 for Social Housing

  • Alternatively these forms are available at the Housing Department at Waterford City & County Council offices.

    Copyright © Waterford City & County Council