Skip to content

Housing Applications Service update

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the Council offices both in Waterford City and in Dungarvan have been closed to the public.  However all essential services are still in operation with a reduced number of staff present.

The Housing Applications office has two staff members working in the Waterford office and are assessing new applications, dealing with queries etc.  During this time applications for social housing supports can be either posted in to Housing Applications Office, Waterford City & County Council, Bailey’s New Street, Waterford, can be popped through the letterbox at City Hall (building between the Theatre Royal and the Munster Bar on The Mall) or can be emailed to

Please ensure that you send in the following:

·         Housing Application Form – you need to complete this form in full and sign the declaration on the back of the form

·         Certificate of Income – you need to complete this and have it signed and stamped by Social Welfare or your employer

·         HPL1 form  (anyone over 18 years must complete one of these) due to the Covid-19 emergency and on a temporary basis during this time, you can request that Waterford City & County Council undertakes an electronic process to obtain the information on your behalf from the Revenue Commissioners.  If you wish to avail of this option please contact the Housing Applications Office on 0761 10 2477 and request that the relevant HPL1 information be obtained on your behalf by Waterford City & County Council to support your application for social housing supports.

Once you have these forms completed, refer to Page 3 of the application form and gather all supporting documentation which is relevant to your situation.  You will need the following:

  • Photographic I.D. (current passport, Irish driving licence or social services card)
  • Copy Birth certs for you and anyone who is part of your application
  • PPS numbers for you and anyone who is part of your application
  • Copy Marriage Cert (if you are married)
  • Copy Separation or Divorce Agreement (if you are separated or divorced).  If you do not have such an agreement you need to provide a letter from your solicitor that you are in the process of applying for a Separation or Divorce.
  • Proof of your current address – copy of a recent utility bill and a copy of your current tenancy agreement.  We also need proof that your tenancy is registered with the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB).  If you are living with family, we will require a letter from the person who owns the property confirming when you started living there and if you pay anything towards the running of the house.  If you don’t have a utility bill in your name, we need some sort of official correspondence in your name showing this address.
  • Proof of Citizenship or Permission to Remain in Ireland (if you are not originally from Ireland) – copy of current Stamp 4, letter from Dept of Justice and proof of stamp in your current passport.
  • Evidence of Income – along with the Certificate of Income we need 3-4 recent payslips or Social Welfare receipts.  If you are paid through your bank we need 6 months bank statements.
  • If anybody over 18 years in your household was born in the UK or any other country other than Ireland we require proof that you did not own property in that country.
  • If you have overnight access to a child or children we require a copy of the Court Order detailing overnight access arrangements and details of any maintenance payments in respect of this child or children.  If you do not have a Court Order you need to obtain a sworn Affidavit completed by both parents of the child/children.
  • If you are applying on medical grounds we require a current consultant’s report detailing the medical condition.  This will be reviewed by the Area Medical Officer.

If you have any questions in relation to this email please contact the Housing Applications Team on 0761 10 2477 or email

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
View All News
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x