Skip to content
Uisce Éireann (formerly Irish Water) is responsible for managing and delivering water services to homes and businesses served by Public Water Supplies and Wastewater agglomerations.

For further information or to report an issue with:

  • Water supply
  • Water quality
  • Wastewater

Please contact Uisce Éireann by either of the following:

Twitter: @IrishWater
Telephone: 1800 278 278
Minicom: 1800 378 378 (For hearing impaired customers with minicom equipment)
Emergency No: 1800 20 50 50
Postal Address: Irish Water, PO Box 860, South City Delivery Office, Cork City.

As above, since 1st January 2014, Uisce Éireann is responsible for certain aspects of the delivery of Water Services in Waterford City and County.

Waterford City & County Council has retained responsibility for the remainder of Water Services. The following lists differentiate between the services that Uisce Éireann and the Local Authorities are currently providing and who should be contacted for any queries relating to those services.

Please contact Uisce Éireann for the issues below

  • Water Outage from Public Water Supply Schemes
  • Water Leakage/Burst on Public Water Supply Schemes
  • Water Quality of Public Water Supply Schemes
  • Water & Sewage New Connection/Disconnection Applications
  • Wastewater (Sewage) Blockage in Public Wastewater Schemes
  • Wastewater (Sewage) Leakage/Overflow from Public Wastewater Systems
  • Wastewater (Sewage) Odour Complaints from Public systems
  • Wastewater Quality from Public Wastewater Treatment Plants
  • Non-Domestic (commercial) Water Bills
  • Non-Domestic (Commercial) Water Quality
  • Section 16 Discharge Licence Applications (Discharge of Trade Effluent to a Public Sewer)

Please contact the Water Services Department for the issues below

  • Water Pollution
  • Public Toilets
  • Section 4 Discharge Licence Applications(Discharge of Effluent to Waters)
  • Group Water Schemes
  • Individual Well Grants
  • Septic Tank Inspections
  • Private Group Sewerage Schemes
  • Bathing Water
  • Camping Licences

Other Water issues

  • Surface water, Drainage/Flooding/Road gullies – these types of queries are handled by our Roads Department.
  • Internal plumbing issues in Local Authority Housing – these types of queries are handled by our Housing Department.
  • Information on surface and groundwater quality is available at